Tag Archive for unity3d

Steam Greenlit

Hello

We are very excited this week as our game Kidnapped has been passed through Steam Greenlight, and has now been officially Greenlit.

Kidnapped Greenlight stats

Kidnapped Greenlit

As you can imagine, this news is very great for the game, as it helps solidify user interest and that people are excited as we are.

Furthermore, the final stats for Kidnapped was quiet staggering. In a mere 5 days on Greenlight, we managed to not only finished in the top 50 games, but the votes yes to no was 70% in favour of the game being on Steam.

This is indeed very encouraging for us as we continue to develop the game into its Alpha stage.

Current development is now roughly 70-75% complete, and are currently looking into developing the game for oculus rift, and are looking into producing a playstation and xbox version of the game.

We are hoping to show you more soon.

Thanks

Deceptive Games

New Screenshots and Video

Hello,

We have created a few new screenshots, and a video for Kidnapped.

 

kitchenBathroom

 

LibraryLibrary

 

CavesCaves

Credits Complete

Credits and a Little Instructional Guide

Hello,

I thought i d put up a quick little guide on how i achieved the effect of performing the ending credits within Kidnapped.

Firstly, i had to create some textures for the each screen that would be shown. These textures are saved as .pdf file so it maintains what i created within Photoshop. But as long as the texture contained an alpha channel, it would still work.

Some examples of the credit textures can be seen below:

credits

In unity a material was created for each texture and then i went about setting up the scene.

The scene comprised on one camera, one cube and a directional light facing the cameras side of the cube.

I placed a few components on the cube: 2 AudioSources (one for the music and one for the impact sound as soon as the scene started). This cube also contained a script that i wrote that changed each material over a give time.

See below the screenshot of the scene in its final form.

credits in unity
The last thing to do was on the fade the final material’s alpha channel and any AudioSource’s that were playing so it gave the impression of complete end.

The scene took around 2 hours to complete from start to finish, and this was in-between making tea and other household chores. If you have any questions on how i completed this, or possibly help. Please use the comment section below. I am more than happy to help.